Reset Your Gnome Setting whos gone Crazy

This is another problem discovered after I Clear my too much clever auto Saved session in Ubuntu, This problem is simple but effective (bringing in troubles) - It lock your keyboard and partially (sometimes) mouse unusable, it happen randomly. But i found it's pattern, it mostly happen with chrome 6 stable + flash. Anyone have the same problem with me? I'm not sure I was customizing too much; I just install compiz + compiz extra tools + compiz fusion to enable some Expose alike feature in it. Lets give is a try whether this help to fix the problem


To reset it, follow the steps below:

  1. Open your user home folder (/home/username)
  2. Delete the following folder (if any) , These folders are hidden, type ctrl+H to show or via menu bar>view>show hidden files
  • .gnome
  • .gnome2
  • .gconf
  • .gconfd
  • .metacity
(the following I just copied from Resetting Gnome's Settings in Ubuntu, I'm lazy to type my own)
If you don’t have access to your graphical (GUI) desktop to delete these folders in Nautilus or you’re just stuck at the login screen, drop into command-line by pressing CTRL + ALT + F1, login to your account, and run this command:
rm -rf .gnome .gnome2 .gconf .gconfd .metacity
Return to your GUI desktop by pressing CTRL + ALT + F7
Now you should be back to normal.
Please note this will only reset Gnome-specific settings. If you are having issues with your video card, x-server, etc., this WILL NOT fix those issues.

Update: I found the root cause of this, It happen whenever I turn off the the touchpad with Fn+F10, and it doesn't happen previously.... . to be continue



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Kuala Lumpur Water Hard or Soft? Is it safe to drink?

How to Reset Xiao Mi Power Bank

What need to be done after purchase a property in Malaysia